Exciting Opportunity for the Right Person
Universal Environmental Servicesis the leading used oil collector in the southeastern United States. Covering 18 states and with a growing fleet of more than 150 service and transport vehicles, UES collects more than 50 million gallons of used motor oil as well as used industrial oil annually. Customers of all sizes trust in our environmental services and we are proud of our commitment to them.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our laboratory team. The ideal individual should have a degree in physical science (B.S.) with experience in a production laboratory setting. This is an entry level position and is well suited to someone who wants to learn and establish a career.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Evaluate the chemical and physical properties of new products like motor oils, hydraulic fluids, and base oils as well as waste products such as used oil, diesel, industrial by-products, and other liquids/solids by utilizing appropriate testing and measurement standards.
- Participate in the daily testing of tank samples, truck samples, railcars, and other activities in the laboratory and quality control areas. Such tests include BTU value, presence of metals, water percentage, total halogens, sulfur content, flash point, and material weight/pounds per gallon/viscosity
- Operate and maintain lab equipment including, but not limited to: ICP, FTIR, GC, viscometers, and density meters in compliance with local, state and federal guidelines
- Ensure adherence to professional lab standards and practices to maximize safety and operational effectiveness
- Conducts laboratory audits; inspect and calibrate equipment, reviewing operational procedures and sampling techniques, review documentation and record keeping, and provide detailed written reports for such audits
- Gives technical support to all Regional Managers, Sales, Plant Managers, and Customers
- Update all lab safety manuals with appropriate topics, assist in a variety of plant duties/administration
- The position available will work second shift.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be willing to become familiar with all company policies and procedures regarding safety and operations
- Capable of teaching and instructing others in the use and operation of UES laboratory equipment after training
- Must be able to learn a working knowledge of all applicable rules, regulations pertaining to the collection/transportation of used oil
- Good planning and organizational skills; limited supervision needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Able to multi-task, manage time, and work under pressure
- Must be willing to work till work is completed.
- Bachelor degree in chemistry or related field preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in laboratory operations preferred
- Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment/procedures including GC, ICP, FTIR, and Wet Chemistry
- Intermediate computer skills. (MS Word, Excel preferred)
- Basic Math skills (Mandatory)
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Physical activity includes bending, reaching, stretching, climbing in/out of tractors and on top of tanks in addition to a laboratory environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Please click the link below to apply or send resume to:
View job posting at Indeed.com
Please visit our Facebook page: